Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Adult Guitar Lessons In Brooklyn: Grownups Learn Guitar Fast

As an enthusiastic young kid, I was the most prolific follower of my dad whether it is painting the house or mowing the lawn. I will always try to be in the middle of the action and step into my dad’s shoes. Time went by and when I was around 11 years old my dad decided to learn guitar. Not surprisingly, I was eager to take the lessons too. While we took lessons from different teachers, I can now clearly understand why he needed adult guitar lessons in Brooklyn.


When I retrospect, I can clearly understand the craze behind taking guitar lessons among teenagers and adults too. Speaking about guitar lessons Manhattan, the one word that describes it aptly is “outstanding”. Lucky are the ones who get to train under the watchful eyes of professional guitar teachers. The quality of lessons and the supervision that I got was unparalleled. I am sure that things have got much better since then.

My tryst with Brooklyn Guitar Lessons started the day when I attended a live performance of the well-known Jazz guitarist Charlie Byrd. I was amazed to know that he was a self-made guitarist who was coached by Aaron Shearer.

Aaron Shearer is considered to be the pioneering personality of teaching guitar lessons. He was the one who uncovered an anomaly in the teaching methods prevalent those days. Credit goes to him for making the necessary corrections and formulating a training manual that is still believed to be the best.

I was amazed at the skills of my guitar teacher Mr. Yeatman. He was a professional guitar player with gifted teaching skills. He specialized in instructing beginners and kids hence I decided to take lessons from him.

On the other hand, my dad took lessons from guitar classes NYC under the supervision of Mr. Shearer because he had the reputation of working well with adults. So did he do something different? Well, Mr. Shearer developed a different plan for my dad.

I was in love with my lessons and never missed to practice them. Things were going well and one day Jimi Hendrix entered the scene. Wow! What a masterpiece. It developed in me the urge to take my skills to the next level. Soon I was desperately searching for adult lessons. Thanks to the well organized guitar lessons in Brooklyn that made life easy for me.

Thanks to the heaven, I found a guitar course specially meant for adults at the guitar classes NYC. I feel confident while playing good blues on the guitar. I think my progress could have been better but I can assure you that I do not have any regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 3 Reasons You Should Go To Music Schools

Some have a hunch that music schools are only for those who wish to pursue a career as a musician. Although these institutions help people...